CEPAWelcome to CEPA, the Maxwell School's interdisciplinary research center on the environment! CEPA brings together faculty and graduate students from a wide range of academic disciplines who share an interest in environmental issues and policy. For more information, please see About Us. Recent news items, announcements and the next few upcoming events are listed below.
- Onondaga County votes to ban hydrofracking waste
- The salty fluids from hydrofracking will be banned from roads and treatment plants in Onondaga County starting Jan. 1. [more...]
- Save the Rain wins Environmental Excellence Award
- Madison Quinn (Maxwell '11) and Onondaga County's Save the Rain program were given an Environmental Excellence award today by the state Department of Environmental Conservation. [more...]
- Ellen Gibson (MPA '13) Takes Position with Environmental Initiative
- Ellen Gibson, MPA '13 and a former Graduate Assistant with CEPA, has accepted a Consultant position with the Environmental Initiative in Minneapolis, MN. Her work is funded by the Energy and McKnight Foundations. Congrats Ellen! [more...]