2012 Clean Water Fair
|Speaker:||Save the Rain|
|Location:||Metropolitan Wastewater Treatment Plant 650 Hiawatha Blvd. W. Syracuse, NY|
|Date:||Sat, Sep 22, 2012|
Additional InformationPlease join Onondaga County Department of Water Environment Protection on Saturday, September 22 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for their annual open house to learn more about Onondaga County’s efforts to clean up and restore Onondaga Lake.
- Update on Onondaga County’s nationally recognized “Save the Rain” program
- Learn more about Onondaga Lake’s recovery and view wildlife from the Lake
- Tour the state-of-the-art Metropolitan Wastewater Treatment Plant (tours leave on the hour, every hour from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.)
- View equipment demonstrations and project displays from the County and others who are working to improve water quality
- Activities for the kids – including a bouncy house!
- Attend a rain barrel workshop to learn how to use and maintain a rain barrel to help save the rain*
- Learn about potential career opportunities in the field of clean water
*Rain barrels are provided for free to residents of the City of Syracuse. The free rain barrels are provided through grant funding to city residents to mitigate combined sewer overflows. If you live outside of the Syracuse, rain barrels will be available for sale at cost (cheaper than retail) for one day only at the Clean Water Fair!