Jane ReadAssociate Professor, Geography
|Web Page:||Available here|
|Email:||jaread at maxwell.syr.edu|
Environmental Research Areas
- Climate Change
- Geographic Information Systems
- Latin America
- Remote Sensing of Land Use and Land Cover Changes
- Tropical Environments
Selected Papers and Abstracts since 2000
- Methods: Remote Sensing, Jane M. Read with M.J. Torrado, International Encyclopedia of Human Geography, Volume 9, pp. 335-346. Eds. Rob Kitchin and Nigel Thrift, Elsevier., 2009.
- The spatial pattern of nitrogen cycling in the Adirondack Park, New York, Jane Read with B.E. McNeil, T.J. Sullivan, T.C. McDonnell, I.J. Fernandez and C.T. Driscoll, Ecological Applications, 2008.
- GIS and Biogeochemical Models for Examining the Legacy of Forest Disturbance in the Adirondack Park, NY, USA, Jane Read, Brenden E. McNeil, Richard E. Martell, Ecological Modelling, Volume 195, Issues 3-4, 15 June 2006, Pages 281-295 , 2006.
- Biodiversity Dynamics and Land-use Change in the Amazon: an interdisciplinary project, Jane M. Read with M. Torrado, EnSpire Poster Session, SUNY-ESF, 21st Feb, 2006, 2006.
- Community Geography: Navigating the politics of participation in Syracuse, NY, Jane M. Read with M. Torrado with J. Allen and D. Mitchell, 103rd Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, March 2006, Chicago, IL. presented by J. Allen, 2006.
- Henry Gleason Meets Hyperspectral Remote Sensing: the Importance of Species in Detecting Foliar Nitrogen Response to Nitrogen Deposition, Jane M. Read with B.E. McNeil and C.T. Driscoll, 103rd Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, March 2006, Chicago, IL. presented by B.E. McNeil, 2006.
- The Changing Landscape of Hunger in Syracuse, NY: Intervening in a permanent crisis, Jane M. Read with D. Mitchell and J. Allen, 103rd Annual Meeting of the Association of American Geographers, March 2006, Chicago, IL, 2006.
- Foliar Nitrogen Responses to Elevated Atmospheric Nitrogen Deposition in Nine Temperate Forest Canopy Species, Jane M. Read with B.E. McNeil and C.T. Driscoll , Environmental Science & Technology, 2006.
- Satellite Remote Sensing for Management and Monitoring of Certified Forestry: An Example from the Brazilian Amazon, Jane M. Read , Globalization and New Geographies of Conservation (ed. K. Zimmerer), pp71-91. University of Chicago Press, Chicago., 2006.
- Estimating Soil Carbon Fluxes Following Land-Cover Change: A Test of Some Critical Assumptions for a Region in Costa Rica, Jennifer S. Powers, Jane M. Read, Julie S. Denslow, Sandra M. Guzman, Global Change Biology, 10, pp. 170-181, January 2004.
- Spatial Analyses of Logging Impacts in Amazonia Using Remotely Sensed Data., Jane M. Read, Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing, 69(3), pp. 275-282, March 2003.
- Application of Merged 1-m and 4-m Resolution Satellite Data to Research and Mangement in Tropical Forests, Jane M. Read, David B. Clark, Eduardo M. Venticinque and Marcelo P. Moreira, Journal of Applied Ecology, 40(3), pp. 592-600, January 2003.