W Henry LambrightProfessor, Public Admin. and Political Science
|Web Page:||Available here|
|Email:||whlambri at maxwell.syr.edu|
Harry Lambright is professor of political science and public administration and director of the Center for Environmental Policy and Administration. His research interests include federal decisionmaking on space technology, environmental policy, transboundary issues, national security, the integration of science with policy, ecosystem management, biotechnology, technology transfer, and leadership issues. Lambright has written scores of articles and has written or edited seven books, including Powering Apollo: James E. Webb of NASA (Johns Hopkins, 1995). His most recent book, which he edited, is Space Policy in the 21st Century (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2003). He earned his Ph.D. from Columbia University in 1966.
Environmental Research Areas
- Climate Change
- Energy Policy
- Environmental Governance
- Science, Technology and Policy
- Transnational Environmental Issues and Processes
Selected Papers and Abstracts since 2000
- Science and Technology Policy, W. Henry Lambright with Tamara Hafner, Encyclopedia of U.S. Political History. Washington, DC: CQ Press , 2010.
- NASA at 50 and Beyond, W. Henry Lambright , Public Administration Review. (forthcoming), 2010.
- 50 Years of NASA Administrators, W. Henry Lambright , Chapter in Steve Dick, editor, on NASA’s First 50 Years. (forthcoming), 2010.
- The Legacy of Minnowbrook, W. Henry Lambright with S. Kim, R. O’Leary, D. Von Slyke, G. Frederickson, Chapter in Rosemary O’Leary et al. eds. book on Minnowbrook Three, Georgetown University Press. (forthcoming), 2010.
- Big Science in Space, W. Henry Lambright , Chapter in Roger Launius, ed. Out of this World: Critical Essays on the History of Solar System Exploration. (forthcoming), 2010.
- Government and Science: A Critical, Troubled Relationship and What Can be Done About It, W. Henry Lambright , Public Administration Review., 2008.
- Leadership and Change at NASA: Sean O’Keefe as Administrator, W. Henry Lambright , Public Administration Review. , 2008.
- An Apollo Project for Climate Change/Energy? History’s Lessons for Future Success., W. Henry Lambright , The Business of Government. (Washington DC: IBM)., 2008.
- Leading Change at NASA: the Case of Dan Goldin, W. Henry Lambright , Space Policy, 2007.
- Space Technology and Environmental Policy Management, W. Henry Lambright with Anna Ya Ni, Science and Technology Update (article in ASPA section News-letter), pp. 2-5. , 2006.
- The Space Station and Multi-National Collaboration: A Merger of Domestic and Foreign Policy, W. Henry Lambright with Carla Pizzarella, 2006.
- Governing Energy Innovation: The Case of New York State, W Henry Lambright, Sarah Pralle and Jessica Widay, in Dianne Rahm (ed.), Sustainable Energy And the States : Essays on Politics, Markets And Leadership, McFarland, October 2006.
- NASA and the Environment: Science in a Political Context, W. Henry Lambright, September 2006.
- NASA and the Environment: The Case of Ozone Depletion, W. Henry Lambright, Monographs in Aerospace History No. 38, NASA SP-2005-4538, May 2005.
- The Political Context of Technology Transfer: NASA and the International Space Station, W. Henry Lambright and Agnes Gereben Schaefer, Comparative Technology Transfer and Society, 2(1), pp. 1-30, April 2004.
- The Challenge of Coordinating 'Big Science', W. Henry Lambright, IBM Center for the Business of Government, New Ways to Manage Series, Washington, DC, July 2003.
- Catalyzing Research Competitiveness: The Georgia Research Alliance, W. Henry Lambright, Prometheus, 18(4), April 2000.